Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
As a member of the North America IP/Optical Regional Business Center, you will lead all technical aspects of supporting sales and business development for large enterprise accounts, specifically Healthcare and Financials. You will work closely with account managers and various business units to develop strategies and solutions directly with and for Nokia's key customers in North America.
What you will learn and contribute to
Do you have a passion for developing long-term customer partnerships while meeting short term targets in a competitive marketplace? We are looking for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect with demonstrated customer facing experience, including hands-on network architecture experience.
* Lead deep technical discussions, including being proficient in lab environments.
* Build and maintain relationships with highly technical customer base; enable parallel top-down sales through executive relationships and bottoms-up sales through teams.
* Understand, anticipate, and articulate customer needs and work with business units and partners, developing and closing creative solutions to meet those needs
* Strategic thinking is key to leveraging technical, marketing, end-user, and industry information to enable both Nokia's and customers' success.
* Thrive in a complex selling environment and contribute to a high performance work environment
Location: Flexible with a preference for the candidate to be in the Northeast of the United States with a preference for Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, or Virginia. Other potential locations may be considered such as Ottawa and Toronto, Canada, Sunnyvale, CA (Bay Area); and Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area.
Your skills and experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical work experience.
* 8+ years networking experience, including IP or data center related technologies.
* 5+ years of technical pre-sales experience, including leading customer engagements and internal strategy meetings.
* In-depth knowledge of IP networking and architectures.
* Knowledge of Data Center networking, virtualization and architectures.
* Expereince with protocols including OSPF, ISIS, BGP, VXLAN and MPLS.
It would be nice if you also had:
* Hands-on experience on major network vendor equipment.
* Experience selling to Data Center and large Enterprise accounts.
* Understanding of the latest technology trends in for:
- Network automation and programmability
- Protocols including netconf/YANG, OpenConfig, Telemetry
- Traffic engineering and network design
- Protocols including Segment Routing, PCE, MPLS
* Proven track record of break through sales
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
* One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
* Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
* Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
* LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.