Job TitleProject Superintendent
Job Description SummarySupervises all on-site construction, schedules sub-contractors, resolves day-to-day problems, and inspects all work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
* Manages daily activities on site, supervises and manages work performed, resolves issues, troubleshoots as necessary and directs sub-contractors and crews.
* Ensures that construction of all projects proceeds on schedule and in accordance with expectations around quality.
* Accomplishes construction project results by following detailed scopes of work, standards, and protocols. Assist Project Manager with schedules and coordinates sub-contractors' work.
* Conducts daily visual inspections of work performed to ensure that installation is in accordance with design specifications.
* Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, as well as complying with legal regulations.
* Assists in bidding construction projects and reading construction plans.
* Reviews construction proposals, contracts, purchase orders, and work authorizations regarding the proposed scope of work, customer expectations, and project objectives.
* Prevents incidents, fines and interruptions by ensuring compliance with, and enforcing, all relevant codes and regulations.
* Troubleshoots and identifies construction problems; offers timely, safe and cost-effective solutions.
* Reviews and maintains accurate documentation of technical site details (drawings, Scope of Work documents, Bills of Materials, etc.)
* Ensures that as-built conditions are fully documented in the field at appropriate project milestones.
* Completes necessary reports and meets with the Project Manager to discuss construction progress.
* Completes other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a construction environment as a field superintendent. Daily oversight of project contractors' attendance, performance, and workmanship is required. Hours are variable with night shift and weekend work included. Regularly required to travel outside between campus buildings in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders).
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work.
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics