With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
Ecolab is seeking a Sr Chemist who can be a technical leader to lead innovation projects from inception to commercialization with a primary focus on Food and Protein segment. In this role, he or she will work closely with sales and marketing to translate customer insights into project charters aligned with the business priorities, financial innovation goals, and technical capabilities.
The researcher will lead and manage the project plans, timelines, resource requirements, as well as create and lead multifunctional teams through the technical development, both regionally and globally. They will also perform lab work, design and execute field trials, and direct and manage team deliverables. As a market leader, Ecolab strives to promote food safety and improve operational efficiency of our customers. The technologies developed by the incumbent will enable Ecolab to continue in this leadership journey while differentiating our offerings from the competition.
What's in it For You:
- Learn and build industry expertise with industry leader about various customer processes as well as Ecolab technologies in Food and Beverage
- Close working relationship with business leadership to gain experience combining technical and business acumen
- Collaborate with global researchers of all segments and build a strong professional network
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety, sustainability, inclusiveness, and performance
- Opportunity for long term career advancement and access to technologies, tools, and industry leading innovators
What You Will Do:
- Independently lead cross-functional team members and other researchers in driving innovation projects of varying scope and complexity from ideation to commercialization in the area of Cleaning and Sanitation for Food and Beverage customers using PM tools and effective communication
- Plan, perform, interpret lab and field research to guide innovation development strategies, milestone management and customer technical support
- Development and selection of appropriate methods, tests and procedures
- Create and maintain documentation including accurate laboratory records, field trial reports and data on research methods, procedures, and results
- Develop in depth knowledge of the product segment via literature review, competitive activities and trends and share knowledge through research/technical reports
- Plan and execute field trials at customer's manufacturing facility for new technologies under development
- Troubleshoot issues related to our products and offerings at customer facilities through plant visits
- Generate new technology ideas, gather feedback from field team / customers about their emerging needs during field visits and work with marketing team to scope the opportunity
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and maintain compliance
- Establish effective working relationships with personnel in Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and other research groups in support of research efforts
- Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Communicates effectively with the project team and the stakeholders about key developments on research project(s) and technical support work via planned communications and during phase gate meetings
- Embrace Ecolab's safety culture; make safety a priority in all aspects and actively model safety leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, bio-chemistry, food science, chemical engineering or related scientific/technical discipline
- 4+ years of work experience in non-academic RD&E environment
- Project leadership experience creating and managing a multifunctional team and project management tools
- Experience in fundamental chemistry including guiding study designs, and the management of technical and project timeline risks
- Experience in statistics
- Experience in product formulation development
- Experience collaborating with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining features and specifying requirements
- Sponsorship not available for this position
- Must be willing to travel 15%
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or related scientific discipline
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Experience with antimicrobials
- Experience with dosing and dispensing equipment and automation applications
- Experience in leading FDA & EPA regulated biocide products (cleaners/sanitizers/disinfectants) through approvals and registration processes
- Formal project management training / certifications a plus.
- Strong team building skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.