Lowe's Summer Internship Program Overview
Lowe's 2022 Summer Internship Program offers a challenging, project-based opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to enhance their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 50 company. The internship will provide broad learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen.
The summer internship program begins with orientation on Tuesday, May 31st and concludes on Friday, August 5th. All internships are paid opportunities. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete their internship and required education. Qualified interns will be eligible for Lowe's housing benefit.
The Government Affairs Intern will work with the Lowe's government affairs team in Washington, DC for 10 weeks, from May 31 to August 5, 2022. This internship will provide the candidate an opportunity to work with government affairs professionals that represent a Fortune 50 company in Washington, DC. Intern responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: attending weekly government affairs team meetings; monitoring and summarizing Congressional hearings; summarizing and analyzing state and federal legislative proposals; researching relevant policy trends at the local, state and federal levels of government; and shadowing government affairs team members at meetings with Congressional staff and retail and industry trade association convenings.
The intern candidate should have a strong interest in government, politics, and public policy and an interest in learning how the political and policymaking process is relevant to a Fortune 50 company. A candidate currently studying Politics/Government/Political Science is preferred.
We are looking for:
* Students who are driven by potential
* Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are capable of being inspired
* Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and able to recognize and embrace new opportunities
* Great collaborators who understand the power of "we"
* People who push the boundaries of what's possible
Education and/or Experience:
* Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or MBA degree in Politics, Government, or Political Science
* Expected graduation date of December 2022, May 2023, or December 2023
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required
* Proficient in MS Office programs (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Strong collaborative, innovative, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills are required
* Relevant internship and experience is a plus, as is experience in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization